"The interview is a staple of the travel journalists' repertoire."
"The real life interviews with the individuals involved is quite possibly the most important step in the entire development and production of the article."
Our group decided to research the topic of interviewing because as journalists, we feel it is one of the most important (and difficult to teach) elements of the career field.
Quotes from http://matadornetwork.com/bnt/2007/03/26/13-simple-journalist-techniques-for-effective-interviews/
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/37333/tips_for_journalist_how_to_conduct.html
Picture from http://www.acsyj.org/images/tv_interview_x63m.jpg
Interviews are among the most significant components of modern journalism. It has become an era when journalists need to ask the "tough questions." I am very interested in understanding the complexities of the "meta-interview."
ReplyDeleteThanks! Me too!
ReplyDeleteGreat topic. Make sure your group session is as structured as possible since I'm anticipating there are lots of things that go into interviews that might make it tempting for you to go off on tangents. Be selective and pick the highlights from your research and your meta-interviews. Good luck! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm really excited to be in this group! This is one thing that all journalists should know. It is going to be really interesting to interview the journalists we each pick.
ReplyDeleteI'm also really excited to be in this group! I know it will be really useful to me, because it's been a while since I've done anything journalistic, and I'm a bit rusty. I agree with Kara, it will be very interesting to interview real-life journalists about interviewing, and since many of us are studying different aspects of journalism in college, it will be cool to see the differences in print interviewing, broadcast interviewing, etc.
ReplyDelete