We’ve all seen it-- the older woman (aka the “cougar”) with the (much) younger man. It’s a trend popularized by high-profile marriages such as Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore and controversial television shows like Cougar Town.
But, believe it or not, age does not matter. I’m just 18, but I have found substantive arguments to suggest that the age difference in a relationship is not necessarily negative. It can be broken down into three main points: age usually correlates with maturity, a key to any successful relationship; women benefit from the modern perspectives common in young men; and young men derive a biologically fulfilling position by caring for an older woman.
I love this topic! It's definitely one that has been brought to much attention recently in the media, and all humor aside, there's definitely something to be said about the psychological aspects. Looking forward to your speech!
ReplyDeleteGreat Rachel! A very interesting take on this matter and something that will most definitely generate response from the class and help us gain appreciation and better understanding of this trend from a new perspective.
ReplyDeleteThis is a really interesting topic! I actually make fun of one of my closest friends for being cougar at heart. It will be interesting to see someone put cougars in a more positive light.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear your speech!
ReplyDeleteThis is an amazing topic. This will be an amazing speech, even though you don't really need to convince me--I've always dated older (by which I mean one or two years haha)!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your speech! It will be interesting to see "cougars" portrayed in a more positive light!
ReplyDeleteThis is a really unique topic, Rachel! Older women dating younger men is often looked upon in a negative manner in today's society, but really it just seems like a double-standard, considering men date women much younger than them all the time. Good job choosing a very interesting, provocative, and relevant topic!
ReplyDelete