Sunday, November 28, 2010

Exam Correction: Question 35


The question that have have decided to correct is question thirty five. This question asked; What kind of questions invite interviewees to elaborate of their responses

The potential answers to the question were

A. Probes
B. Open-ended questions
C. Direct Questions
D. Mirror Questions

For some reason I didn't really think very hard about the question and answered Open-ended questions thinking that that would be a good way to get people to elaborate on their answers. The answer turned out to be probe question, which would make sense because probes are very short questions that allow the interviewee to continue to say things past their original answers. My first real life example was just recently during Thanksgiving when I was talking to my family members that I had not seen in a while. When I was talking to my cousin who lives in New York, she gave me many answers that were not very in depth. I wanted to know more, so I asked probes to gain more information and for the most part I was fairly successful.

My other example (because I love YouTube and Taylor Swift), is Taylor Swift's recent interview with David Letterman. In the interview, Letterman uses probes to try and help him get more information from Taylor about different things. In this clip (although he does it throughout the entire interview) Dave uses some probes to get more information about Taylor's travels outside the US.



1 comment:

  1. I got this question wrong, too. Nice corrections! I don't think there has been a assignment in class when you haven't used Taylor Swift somewhere in the presentation.

    ReplyDelete