Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"Best Group Ever!" "No Mine's the Best!" : There can only be one...and its ours

It appears that theme of this blog post series about reflecting on how effectively our group worked on our project has a central theme: the assertion that everyone's group was clearly the "best." Now, I have no way of telling whether these people are telling the truth or lying, but irregardless of the factuality of their claims, there is a great deal of emotion behind everyone's posts. Evidence is being presented for the case that each person's group is the best. However, I can tell you with the honesty of Abraham Lincoln and the righteousness of George Washington, that my group, the one consisting of Geoffrey Wang, Ambi Mehta, Ana Badami, Christy Cho and Margaret Zheng, was and will continue to be held as the perfect example of a group, and therefore is "the best."

Let us first look at our focus on deadlines. We planned ahead on our presentation based on the deadlines given to us, as to not present us with a logistics problem late in the title bout. We knew that, while we were to present on the last day of presentations, which gave us effectively the most time to spend on the project, that we shouldn't let all of our work get pushed to the Sunday before. So we made a Facebook group early in the going, and consistently posted individual progress throughout the assignment, and arranged times in which we could all meet. We ended up meeting a couple of times prior to the presentation, during which times we were able to flesh out what would end up being what I would say was a spot-on performance. As the presentation showed, we were very organized and effectively conveyed our point to the students. We worked together as a cohesive unit during our presentation; which brings me to my next point.

From the first time we met as a group in class, I could tell that there was something there. We were so in touch with each other and what our topic would be for the presentation from the get-go. While other groups clearly had trouble identifying what career field linked them all together, we succinctly identified and defined our common links. This ended up being a great beginning to a solid finish. Throughout the whole project, we clearly had our objectives mapped out, and knew exactly what to do in terms of finalizing a finished product. Sometimes, we even finished each others' sentences. Now, that might be an exaggeration, but the concept is the same; we were always one step ahead of each other, thinking quickly and critically about the situations on hand and evaluating what had been done and had to be done in order to create a truly smashing demonstration.

All in all, our group was the best. It was so good, that the world may never see a group of such a quality. I can only think of one group that was as good as ours. I know it wasn't a competition, so I'm not trying to say that all of the other groups in the class weren't awesome, as I know their presentations were also very good. I am just saying that our group was, and forever will be known as, the "best."

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you leave us no choice but to agree with your logic. I'm thinking this should be your persuasive speech as well :)

    Sorry I couldn't be there for your presentation! I saw the video and was glad to see that your group collaborated well and did a great job on the presentation.

    Had The Beatles made an appearance, I would've been even more upset to have missed it.

    ReplyDelete