
The Coca-Cola logo is among the most recognizable in modern business. The carbonated beverage is sold in over 200 countries and currently has over 15 different varieties/versions. (Coca-Cola)
Although the Coca-Cola Company is now a multinational giant, the
carbonated beverage had humble beginnings as a knock-off of the more popular and more esteemed Vin Mariani. 120 years later Coca-Cola has managed to shed its seedy past and sustain competitive advantage in the fickle territory of the beverage industry.
In my brief, I will take you from Coca-Cola's drug induced past to its controversial future. I will cover the innovations as well as the issues Coca-Cola has spearheaded and maybe I'll even get you that secret recipe. There's nothing like The Real Thing.
Image Source: Coca-Cola Heritage Image Gallery
I heard supposedly the coke taste varies in different countries, is that true? It`ll be really interesting to me if you include that in your brief. =]
ReplyDeleteOh it definitely does! I've tasted French Coca-Cola - definitely less sugary and the syrup taste is stronger. I'll definitely look into it!
ReplyDeleteI've had Coca-Cola from Mexico, glass-bottled, and made with real sugar. So good! I wish I had a card for a free glass of Coke, btw.
ReplyDeleteI like the topic! Just make sure you stick to the informative aspect of the issue. Towards the end of your post, when you mentioned the controversies surrounding the company -- it looked like you were moving into your persuasive speech.
ReplyDeleteYou are more than free to build upon this speech later in the semester and talk to us about Coke in a persuasive manner, and comment on the very controversies you are informing us about now.
I did not realize Coca-Cola was a knock-off. That's kind of funny to think of, since it's the priemere soda now,
ReplyDeleteHave you ever seen "The Invention of Lying?" If not and you have the chance, I highly recommend it as it makes good fun of Coke and Pepsi.
ReplyDeleteThat aside, I like this topic because it is one of those that everyone drinks now and again, but other that knowing that if you drink too much your teeth will fall out, not much is common knowledge about it. I for one was surprised to learn it got is name from cocaine. I'm really excited to here this speech in particular.
Ambi, I really liked your speech. Not only was it informative, but it was incredibly well presented, the topic was unique and I thought the prezi was awesome. Great Job!
ReplyDelete