
A couple weeks ago, we were assigned to do a group project. Our groups were determined by the compatibility of our majors, and future career fields. Little did I know that I would be assigned to what we like to call the "reject" group. Now were not rejects of society or anything like that, but we were the only group that did not have a similar career path nor a similar major. So being thrown into a group like this, called for some group norming. We spent the first day of being thrown into our groups trying to figure out how we were even semi-related. Initially I feel we were some what frustrated that we couldn't figure out what made us linked together for this project, but all and all i think we worked together very well to find a common ground. For me though, there was definitely some primary group tension, not because I did not like anyone in my group, it was just because I tend to keep to myself in class, and this project actually helped me brake away from my normal oasis of being shy, and quiet. A plus that helped our group was that we were as efficient as we could be with communicating with one another. Being on different schedules, it was extremely hard to meet as a whole, but everyone was very patient, understanding, and lenient with this dilemma. When we finally had everything together and figured out, we did very well in our group performance ( presentation ). Our performance was beyond my expectations, since the group had only met the night before! I think all and all that understanding, and leniency brought our group together to be able to pull through on this assignment. I'm very proud that I had the chance to be apart of the "reject" group, because I could not have asked for any better fellow rejects!
No comments:
Post a Comment