Sunday, November 28, 2010

Midterm Corrections


The question that I answered wrong was number 11. The question said that two people were exchanging information about where they were born and where they grew up, then asked what phase of the relationship this is considered.


My answer was B, that it was part of the Initiation Phase. My thoughts were that since these were basic questions, it must be like an initiation, a getting to know one another.


That is where I ran into the problem. I interpreted the meaning of the word, but not the words actual role in the relationship process. The correct answer was actually D, it is the Experimenting Phase.


Our textbook states that the initiation stage is superficial. Not much takes place; it is more of a basic greeting, sort of like a “hey, how’s it going”. It’s essentially a person’s first impression; you meet them and get their name. The experimenting phase is where questions are asked. These questions are used to determine if both parties are interested in continuing the relationship. The textbook says that sometimes the information exchanged is often demographic, which is the case in the question the test asks.


While I know it’s a relatively simple example, King Arthurs encounter with the Knights who say Ne is a good example of the experimenting phase. They are exchanging basic information about who they are, and where they are going.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e2kaQqxmQ0

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate the reference to Monty Python, fabulous movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Thanks Man, for some reason it was like the only example I could think of

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done sir. I can say without a doubt in my mind that this deserves full extra credit. Though "you were in grave peril" you were able to rise above it and correct a mistake that was made by not just you (personal experience).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm another nerd who loves the Monty Python reference =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teacher appreciates the Monty Python reference as well :)

    ReplyDelete