
Finding someone to interview and interviewing the person was the hard part of the project. The group work was easy. We got along, we had fun, and we knew the direction we were taking our project.
I missed the meeting where our group began the project, but we kept in touch over Facebook and I contributed to our Google Document on my own time. We used Facebook to contact each other, and it worked well. We offered new ideas whenever they came to us, and responded quickly (since we all use Facebook everyday).
I made it to all of our other meetings, and they were all releaxed. Our storming focused on choosing what interview topics to use for our projects, and what topics to leave out. We quickly made these decisions and moved on, and from there we worked until we finished the project.
And working together was easy. We were comfortable around each other, joked, and kept the meetings light-hearted. We all stayed committed too. Even if someone in the group missed a meeting, that person made sure to let the group know, and still worked on the project through our Facebook message system. And on group presentation day, everyone made it.
Not all group projects will be this easy. I will not always get along with people in my groups as well as I got along with everyone in this group. The groups will not always be as agreeable, as relaxed, as fun, or as committed.
But I am glad this group was like that. This was my first college group project, and it eased me into the process.
I'm glad you thought the group presentation went well! I did too, and I really liked our group! I have to tell Jace he's my favorite group member to make him feel better, but we all know who my real favorite is....
ReplyDeleteYep, Darren, this was a great group. I had a lame group for SOCY100 and did the whole thing myself other than them sending me pictures. Oh well. Good work though! Jace Evans forever
ReplyDeleteWhatever happened during your group meetings that has lead to all these comments about Jace, which I believe constitute the first inside joke on the class blog, I'm glad that it did happen :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys did a great job. Your presentation and your reflection posts make it clear that you enjoyed the process, felt comfortable with each other, and walked away alive and enriched from the experience. Thanks for sharing!