As this is a form of communication, showing everyone's grades with names attached, will it really matter if the names are deleted? Communication is irreversible. Just heating up some discussion.
Unless everyone has a photographic memory and/or copies down everyone's number and name, yes. It will matter. And to everyone else....if you're not the former, please don't do the latter haha.
I like to know how I do in comparison to the rest of the class, but I'd also like my privacy.
An alternative to posting the grades on the blog is to use Engrade: http://www.engrade.com/
Not sure of much about it, but it's an online gradebook for teachers, and it's free I believe. Should be able to privately communicate grades to students (:
Hi all, caught this post and another one on the Facebook group early Friday morning and fixed it. I added a column with your names to make it easier for me to post your midterm grades on the spreadsheet. I know the agreement was PRIVACY so I stopped publishing the page for a few minutes until all the grade were up. In fact, I didn't plan on republishing the page until AFTER I handed the midterms back. Clearly, Google/technology had something else in mind.
I apologize for this even though that doesn't matter because, as Tom mentioned, communication is irreversible and the grade that were posted and that everyone could see were seen and I can't possibly make you forget that. But for what it's worth, I apologize.
I respect your decision to maintain grades private and will continue to honor it and will be extra careful next time.
I'll also reshuffle the spreadsheet (I'll remind you all of this in class so as to avoid confusion) so that those of you with photographic memories don't continue to know which grades belong to whom.
Yeah, I can see names too.
ReplyDeleteYup, me too. Not feeling it.
ReplyDeleteSame, that's sorta weird, I don't like it, not that I'm doing bad, I just would rather keep my grades to myself
ReplyDeleteAs this is a form of communication, showing everyone's grades with names attached, will it really matter if the names are deleted? Communication is irreversible. Just heating up some discussion.
ReplyDeleteUnless everyone has a photographic memory and/or copies down everyone's number and name, yes. It will matter. And to everyone else....if you're not the former, please don't do the latter haha.
ReplyDeleteI like to know how I do in comparison to the rest of the class, but I'd also like my privacy.
An alternative to posting the grades on the blog is to use Engrade:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.engrade.com/
Not sure of much about it, but it's an online gradebook for teachers, and it's free I believe. Should be able to privately communicate grades to students (:
Looks like Tom was paying attention during class haha
ReplyDeleteWell done Tom. Too much work for me to write all of it down, though.
ReplyDeleteHi all, caught this post and another one on the Facebook group early Friday morning and fixed it. I added a column with your names to make it easier for me to post your midterm grades on the spreadsheet. I know the agreement was PRIVACY so I stopped publishing the page for a few minutes until all the grade were up. In fact, I didn't plan on republishing the page until AFTER I handed the midterms back. Clearly, Google/technology had something else in mind.
ReplyDeleteI apologize for this even though that doesn't matter because, as Tom mentioned, communication is irreversible and the grade that were posted and that everyone could see were seen and I can't possibly make you forget that. But for what it's worth, I apologize.
I respect your decision to maintain grades private and will continue to honor it and will be extra careful next time.
I'll also reshuffle the spreadsheet (I'll remind you all of this in class so as to avoid confusion) so that those of you with photographic memories don't continue to know which grades belong to whom.