Who can ever make the mistake to mention "The Situation" in the reality television show Jersey Shore? As a continuation in the cast of season 2 of Jersey Shore, The Situation has always been the subtle leader of the group. He always took part in every single episode of the show.
The Situation can be a very authoritative leader. In the last episode after Angelina leaves, the family decide to celebrate on a typical night out at the club. Things don`t go too well for The Situation as he claims that all the girls there were "grenades." Failing to steal Vinny`s girl and upset that he doesn`t have game that night, he demands to leave. Rather than honestly telling everyone he wants to leave, he informs Snooki that "we`re all leaving back to the house." As soon as Snooki refuses, The Situation smacks her on her mouth. It was definately wrong to release his anger out that way, but I have to admit it was quite funny. This one action that The Situation enacted can be interpreted as a very hot-headed and impulsive person.
Besides the incident above, The Situation possesses legitimate leadership. He usually would not demand housemates of their whereabouts. When a housemate is determined or interested in someone or something, he would definately encourage them to persue it/him/her. All housemates have equality in the house. No one appointed The Situation to take charge of anything but when conflict arises, he is the one to take part and settle it.
As a well known character of Jersey Shore, The Situation possesses few characteristics that I like. He values family, encourages bonding time, and tries to forgive and forget. Famous for his cooking, The Situation always makes time for a nice family dinner. He believes that the housemates are one big family and dinner is the time for sharing. Often times it is the time where they have things to confess to one another. The Situation bonds very well with the rest of the boys, they even named themselves GFF (Grenade Free Foundation). The boys and only the boys have a daily event of "t-shirt time." It is when all the boys in the house decide to chant "it`s t-shirt time" in unison and change in their t-shirts to get ready for the club. Hillarious to us, but it is another way of how The Situation bonds with his friends. Even though he had numerous arguments with Angelina and called her a "dirty hamster," in the end he decides to forgive her.
The Situation is a very interesting character, one flaw that contributes to his character is his impulsiveness. He often thinks that he makes all the decisions within the housemates. It is not fair to others when he wants to leave a certain place for his own personal reasons. As a leader, The Situation should have thought for the better of the group, not soley for himself.
Picture courtesy of: Anything Hollywood
I love this! I definitely didn't think about this when watching the most recent episode, but he really was such an obnoxious guy when he kept asking Snooki to leave the club... I really liked him in the beginning of the show but now I just think he's whiny.
ReplyDeleteLol, agreed! I didn`t think it was necessary for him to hit her like that. But I do give him credit for always bringing their family together, he must be an amazing cook.
ReplyDeleteGreat post. I don't particularly like Jersey Shore or any of the characters because I feel reality shows have been very detrimental to society, but I enjoyed the angle you took for this post. It's true... even some of the most ridiculous characters can turn out to be leaders in their own ridiculous ways.
ReplyDelete