As inspired by our class discussion on Jersey Shore, my informative brief topic will focus on the recent hype and success of reality television shows. In just the past year alone, reality shows seems to have overtaken not only our television screens, but also American pop culture as a whole.
Following a brief history of reality television’s roots and a definition of modern reality television, I plan to delve into a few specific examples. Because there exists so many reality television show formats, I will concentrate on just three representations: Jersey Shore, American Idol, and The Biggest Loser. In addition to identifying the category the show falls under, I will examine the greatest contributors to the lasting popularity of each show and the effects each show has had on the landscape of American television.
Photo source: MiljonairLieke.com
This sounds great and is a very timely topic. Sounds like you also did a good job in narrowing the topic down and making it informative despite it's potential to be controversial enough to constitute a persuasive speech.
ReplyDeleteFor your persuasive speech later in the semester, feel free to build upon this speech and comment on how this topic affects society.