Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Info Brief Topic: Procrastination

Do you know why I waited until nine hours before this blog post was due to write it? It’s not because I didn’t have time- in fact, today I spent two and a half hours in class, an hour eating, and an hour at the gym. The other ten or so hours I was awake, I was…well, I’m not really sure. Not writing this blog post, that’s for sure.













It’s not because I dislike writing; actually, I love reading and writing. It’s also not because I simply forgot; I’ve been mulling over a proper topic for the past few days.

The reason I took four days to write a ten minute blog post is because I procrastinate. It’s just what I do, and despite what I know to be true (terrible consequences, lack of self-control, yada yada yada) I do it every moment of every day without fail.

Procrastination is more than just a bad habit. For many people it’s a self-destructive way of life, a mental addiction and barrier.

Photo cred: Google Images

6 comments:

  1. Procrastinator's unite! I have a "Procrastinator's Creed" poster in my dorm room, I try to abide by it's laws daily. Looking forward to your speech on something I can defiantly relate too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dog is AWESOME. I look forward to delaying listening to this speech for as long as possible. That was a joke related to procrastination, not an insult to your speech haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nine hours before it was due? That makes me feel better about myself, considering I turned mine in about 7 hours before it was due! I'm a huge procrastinator, but I haven't always been this way...I'm looking forward to hearing why I am the way I am and being able to unite with my fellow procrastinators, as kkramer1 said. Now I'm off to start my outline for my speech! Maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want what that dog has right now :)

    Great topic Sophie. I hope you got a head start on your outline, but as long as you bring it with you to class tomorrow... you are safe.

    I think this is great and that you are taking on a good challenge by choosing to inform us about a topic we can all relate to and feel like we are familiar with -- I certainly commend you for the research you are going to do in order to inform us more about procrastination, beyond what we may already know, in terms of its causes, its effects, and all the things that come along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dog! I'm excited to hear your speech because this is something I've always struggled with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm actually really excited to hear about this speech! Procrastination is something that I really try to avoid, but it's a pretty resilient habit! I haven't been able to shake it off entirely!

    Lucky, or unlucky you! you get to present your speech the last day! I wonder when you actually wrote your speech! ;)

    ReplyDelete