Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Info Brief Topic: The Model as Muse


In today's society, we often view models as objects of awe and perfection. However, models have inspired us and served as muses for the arts since ancient times. As the Metropolitan Museum of Art describes, models have "roles in projecting, and sometimes inspiring, the fashion of their respective eras." But how did these models come to obtain this status? What is the history of the model as a subject of inspiration, what have they gone on to inspire, and what is their role in both the fashion world and contemporary society? I plan to explore these questions and evaluate who the modern "model as muse" really is.
Photo courtesy of the Washington Post

1 comment:

  1. I love this topic! Very unique. And I like that you have chosen to inform us about something that has caused enough controversy, but perhaps so much so because we don't understand it from an *informative* sense. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete