Great video! I had a assembly in high school where we learn that self-testing and yearly mammograms are really important in getting an early prognosis, too.
Love the video. Breast cancer awareness is one of the most well-known and best-publicized causes out there, and pink is its signature color. It's such an important topic to be educated about.
Okay, I understand the importance of being aware of diseases, it needs to be known to be aware of these things and how many people they effect/how they can effect us, but all this for awareness? Maybe I'm wrong here, but all this who-ha for just telling everybody that its dangerous? Shouldn't we focus on cures and the like more? Being aware of it is helping us prevent it in some cases, but I think the money would be better spent trying to find the cure. (This is in no way me trying to attack on you or your beliefs, I'm just merely proposing something)
Well I don't know if you were there when I gave the speech but part of it was about fundraising and how people can donate money so organizations can research to find cures.
Funding for research & development isn't possible without first investing a lot in awareness. Awareness campaigns have a high return because of the number of potential donors they reach
Sadly, money is the only way to get stuff done. So the more people know about something the more willing they are to support (aka donate money) to the the cause. That's why it's important for organizations like the National Cancer Foundation to get the word out. Due to these organizations, we now have people who aren't affected by cancer on daily basis, donating to these causes because they realize it's something that could eventually affect themselves or loved ones.
Agreed. It's important to make campaigns that appeal to the public, so that as many people as possible donate. No matter how a important a cause is (and a cure for breast cancer is an important cause), time needs to be spent convincing people who aren't socially aware.
I agree. The incentive is to increase donations, but how can you achieve this goal without first increasing awareness? If you notice, most of the time, the donations are greater when you have diseases that people are becoming increasingly aware about, for example, breast cancer.
That was a moving and educational video, Kara! Definitely a very important and significant topic.
ReplyDeleteGreat video! I had a assembly in high school where we learn that self-testing and yearly mammograms are really important in getting an early prognosis, too.
ReplyDeleteLove the video. Breast cancer awareness is one of the most well-known and best-publicized causes out there, and pink is its signature color. It's such an important topic to be educated about.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I understand the importance of being aware of diseases, it needs to be known to be aware of these things and how many people they effect/how they can effect us, but all this for awareness? Maybe I'm wrong here, but all this who-ha for just telling everybody that its dangerous? Shouldn't we focus on cures and the like more? Being aware of it is helping us prevent it in some cases, but I think the money would be better spent trying to find the cure. (This is in no way me trying to attack on you or your beliefs, I'm just merely proposing something)
ReplyDeleteWell I don't know if you were there when I gave the speech but part of it was about fundraising and how people can donate money so organizations can research to find cures.
ReplyDeleteFunding for research & development isn't possible without first investing a lot in awareness. Awareness campaigns have a high return because of the number of potential donors they reach
ReplyDeleteSadly, money is the only way to get stuff done. So the more people know about something the more willing they are to support (aka donate money) to the the cause. That's why it's important for organizations like the National Cancer Foundation to get the word out. Due to these organizations, we now have people who aren't affected by cancer on daily basis, donating to these causes because they realize it's something that could eventually affect themselves or loved ones.
ReplyDeleteAgreed. It's important to make campaigns that appeal to the public, so that as many people as possible donate. No matter how a important a cause is (and a cure for breast cancer is an important cause), time needs to be spent convincing people who aren't socially aware.
ReplyDeleteI agree. The incentive is to increase donations, but how can you achieve this goal without first increasing awareness? If you notice, most of the time, the donations are greater when you have diseases that people are becoming increasingly aware about, for example, breast cancer.
ReplyDelete