
As I look back at this semester, I can’t believe how fast time has flown by. It feels like it was just yesterday when I walked into my first college class, which was COMM 107. The class turned out to be what I expected. Overall I liked the class and the people, but there are things that could improve.
One thing I liked about the class was the peer reviews. Being a broadcast journalism major, it is going to be important that I become a very efficient public speaker. Peer reviews helped because it wasn’t just Andi telling me what I was doing wrong so I took the reviews to heart more.
What I also liked about the class was the impromptu speeches, even though we only did them once. This helped us to think on our feet. There could be instances in the future when we have to make up speeches quickly.
The guest speakers were interesting as well. They really related to some topics, which I wouldn’t have thought of as communication to the class.
I also liked the group project in the beginning of the semester. I really liked my group. This helped me transition into college group projects because we had to arrange around different schedules. I think this communication will help us all in the long run.
The chapters in the book helped as well. The sections on how to outline a speech and other topics such as that were really useful. They are going to be really useful in the future.
What I didn’t like about the class was the fact that the PowerPoints were boring. Especially since it was 8 AM. What I did like about the PowerPoints were the videos. Those were always entertaining except for the 20 minute one I feel asleep during (sorry!).
What I also didn’t like was the blog post site. I liked the idea, but I forgot a lot of the time to go on and check it. Maybe if more of the information were posted on FaceBook or Twitter, then people would have found out faster.
Overall I really did enjoy the class but I think I did so because of the people. Mike Yanus’s comments were out of control but they were really funny. Tormenting Jace was probably one of the best parts of the class because he let me torment him!
I’m going to miss this class and I honestly do think this class helped unlike some people. There are just a few little problems that can be easily fixed. So good luck with the rest of your college years everyone! Peace homies!
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=peace+sign+with+fingers&form=QBIR&qs=SC&sk=SC1&pq=peace+sing+with+&sp=2&sc=8-16#focal=1aaf07b82868b97abbacb92af26a2925&furl=http%3A%2F%2Fredbrownandblue.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2009%2F12%2Fobama-peace-sign1.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmGh3MvLCps
OBAMA IS MY MAN, I'M WEARING A SHIRT WITH HIS FACE RIGHT NOW, 2012
ReplyDelete