
As an 8 AM class, the time is definitely a factor that alters my interactions with others in class. I haven't had the chance to get to know other classmates in our class. The personal item speeches were the only source of background information I had. I have to admit, I was a little worried the day we got into our groups. My group had a hard time finding a connection between all of our majors, this was definitely our storming process. As an efficient group, we came up with our topic of creativity by the end of the class period. Throughout the week my group communicated through Facebook messages. It was the best way to stay in touch since all of us have different schedules to commit to. We individually conducted our interviews with our intervees and made sure the rest of the group knew of each other members' statuses in the process. The only time we met face to face as a group was the Thursday night before our presentation. We all agreed to meet in Footnotes of McKeldin. I have to commend my group on punctuality, all of my group members met up prepared and on time! It was a wise decision for us to choose a round table to work on our project, we were able to see each of our group member's faces. Teamwork began as we went around the circle in a clockwise direction to share what we obtained from our interviews. Our agenda of the night was to create an outline, an interactive activity, an annotated bibliography, a works cited, and a visual aid. My group became more comfortable with each other as we brainstormed ideas for the interactive activity. We continuously had ideas bouncing off one another, and avoided groupthink. I kept track of time and our progression during our meet, even though my group already knew how to handle time management. There were no superior characters in our meeting, power was equally distributed among us to contribute in the group activity. When ever we encountered different ideas, we settled the problem with a majority vote rule, this was our way of conforming. This is also how we decided to use the idea of creating "Life is Good" logos for our interactive activity. Even though a member of our group could not make it to the meeting due to prior engagement, with the use of e-mail we were successfully able to incorporate her part into the project as a whole. The group meeting allowed me to get to know my group members, we were comfortable enough to make jokes with one another. The meeting allowed me to learn at least one personal thing about each group member. Within two hours my group was able to complete everything in our agenda. I was very proud of the progress we achieved in that evening. If I got a chance to choose group members for another activity, I would gladly work in the same group again.
Great work team! =]
Love the image on the post!! Well done.
ReplyDeletePS: Don't forget about hyperlinks.