First let me start out by saying that my group was in one word "awesome." To be honest I was almost incapable of starting up on this project. I didn't really find anyone who I could interview because frankly I couldn't think of who to consider within my majors that would tie into my groups topic. Most English majors either turn out to be pot heads or writers who are always busy, and teachers teach which takes more time out of a life than students give credit for. So who would have time for a lowlife kid like me? Dan Beyers' son save the day when a kid down the hall named Sam Beyers told me his dad would love to do it, and do it he did. His interview was enlightening, and he even gave me a few tips on writing and journalism. He even gave me the papers that were handed out in class.As I said before though my group had quite a difficult time trying to find a subject that everyone could agree upon. We were dancing around the idea of how we needed a compromise, because frankly, our majors had almost no correlation whatsoever. And then it hit us, just as we had to compromise our creativity, professionals must as well. We now had our subject; what do professionals use, improvisation or procedure would be our question to answer.
We didn't meet again as a group until the night before or project and punched out a couple of things to say along with few slides; I wanted to add a real big cheese head instead of a wedge but hey thats just me.
Any ways, the presentation ended up being well done in my opinion. With very little preparation we were able to come together, work together, and speak together. Without a doubt it we were the most awesome group ever. If theres one grievance left its that we didn't use this picture...

I like how you still insisted to use the "cheese head!" haha =]
ReplyDeleteSorry! Majority rule!! And for the record, it was 4 to 1.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a great experience and end result, cheese head pic and all! Congrats to the team and I look forward to meeting you tomorrow. -Jill Foster with Live Your Talk.
ReplyDeletemmm, cheese
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Glad you found a non-pot-head to interview. And I agree with Rachel. Love the cheese head!
ReplyDeleteThank you for those of you who SUPPORT the people of Wisconsin and their heads of cheese.
ReplyDeleteGreat post.
ReplyDeleteGouda.