Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Info Brief Topic: The Crossover Success of Taylor Swift



Now before you judge me, an 18 year old male who listen to a lot of Taylor Swift, consider this, not many country artists in music have been able to achieve the type of crossover success as Swift. Since bursting onto the scene in 2006 will her self titled debut album, Swift has not only been able to sell in Nashville but also to a varied audience around the country who have connected with Swift's mostly autobiographical lyrics and singable melodies. Swift has also used appearances in feature films and television shows who expand her audience past the typically country listener. This has caused many to speculate that Swift's forthcoming album Speak Now could be the first album to sell 1 million copies in its first week of release since Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III. Swift music is also very critically acclaimed with her 2010 Grammy for Album of the Year topping her vast array of awards.

In my information brief, I will discuss the growing phenomenon of Taylor Swift by addressing her commercial appeal, her ability to connect with many different audiences and her wholesome image that has helped become the biggest star in Country music and one of the most popular artists on the planet. In the end, whatever your opinion of Ms Swift, she is obviously doing something right. My friends like her, my 9 year cousin likes her, Nelly likes her, My 51 year mom and her twin like her, Kanye likes her (scroll down a little), all the girls walking around this campus wearing her shirts and millions of other around the world like Taylor Swift.

Here's a little sample of what you may have been missing by not listening to Taylor Swift.

Taylor Swift - Mine from Stephen Murray on Vimeo.



Sources
http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/swift__taylor/artist.jhtml#biographyEnd
http://www.taylorswift.com/bio

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm real happy for you--I'mma let you present--but I just wanna say that Beyonce had one of the best informative briefs of ALL TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor, this is great! It caught me by surprise in a great way.

    Make sure you stick to *information* about Taylor Swift, though. Don't try to influence us necessarily, but give us the information we need to possibly go out and either find out more or give her a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah as I wrote my blog post I found myself swaying toward a more persuasive stance. That will not happen during my actual informative brief. Sorry for that misunderstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries, it'd why I asked you guys to share your topics and why we'll work on those outlines tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great speech, Taylor. Very natural and humorous, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete