Monday, August 30, 2010

ATTENTION CONTRIBUTING AUTHORS!

Once you receive an invitation to contribute to the blog, please choose a username that will make it easy for me to identify your posts (see below).

FIRST NAME INITIAL + LAST NAME

Please, no numbers. I'm bad at math :)

Thank you!

PS: You can now subscribe to receive new blog posts via email as well as via RSS feed. Check out the sidebar on the right.

10 comments:

  1. Testing out blog comments. This appears to have worked! Does this mean I get an A?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, just in case, I hope that I can get an A too with this test comment. I like that our classes are evolving to suit the new electronic media. I think the blog should be called "Texting while Driving"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time using a blog in a course, and I also have to use one in another course this semester. Its an interesting concept, and its cool how our communication has evolved with the invention of so many different technologies over the last decade, or even last five years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, Mike, and Tom,

    Way to kick off the commenting on the blog. Incidentally, do *do* get As as far as commenting goes for the current week!

    I'm excited that you are excited about integrating the blog into the class. I'm curious, which of your classes are also bringing blogging and other forms of digital media into the classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Idea for title for the blog: "Comm on In"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am taking an honors seminar HONR229F which discusses how the advancement of technology in the last 30 or so years has changed the face of different forms of media. It ties together quite nicely with some of the themes of this class, so I'm sure that will help as the semester goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The idea of using blogs in a course is new to me, but I have several classes with something like this. I think it's an interesting concept, and am looking forward to seeing how all of this plays out! This class has a lot of parallels to my journalism class, which is really interesting as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I to am also new to blogging, so im not quite sure how this is going to go.I hoping this goes in a positive direction!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's interesting; this Comm107 class ties in to my Honors seminar on race and civil rights through art in south africa, my intro to sociology class, my journalism class... very interdisciplinary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this commenting business because it takes our in-class discussion out of class and we can participate more freely. As Gen-Yers I'm sure most of us are more comfortable commenting online than speaking up in class since we're online so often... it really alleviates the pressure and allows us to get more familiar with each other

    ReplyDelete